Monday, June 8, 2009

The number game

So, I've gone and done the big milestone b-day. It was rather effortless, actually. I was in one of my preferred spots, and indulging in a preferred activity, when the clock struck midnight: at a jazz club in NYC, holding a glass of red wine with one hand and the hand of a beloved with the other. In the end, I'm ok with the aging process. I like to think I'm getting better as I get older. I'm in a good head space, I have money in the bank, I have a job that I enjoy (and, perhaps more significantly, is important), I have a (small) group of wonderful friends. I have my foibles and faults, to be sure, but they seem to be manageable.

And let's face it, it's true what they say: age really is nothing but a state of mind, especially when one has health on their side.

No comments: