Monday, January 9, 2023

Goal addition

 I have another goal to add my 2023 list: to see more live music. It seems especially important given the last couple of years when the majority of live shows were wiped out. Things have been coming back for a while, but because of various commitments and responsibilities, I haven't been attending as many concerts since live music has returned. I was out at the Pilot this past Saturday to see (and hear!) the Teri Parker Quartet, which was good fun. I took my usual spot, at the bar. (They finally charge a cover for the jazz at the Pilot; it's been a long time coming, and I think a welcome addition. It certainly hasn't deterred attendance as the place was busy, albeit with pretty much the same audience from the pre-pandemic years. It's sad when my attendance brings down the age demographic.) I'm going to aim to see at least one show every week over the coming year. What with the Pilot and the Rex, along with other venues like the Tranzac and the Jazz Bistro, not to mention being on leave until the summer, this seems manageable and achievable. It will also require me to keep abreast of shows happening in the city, but again that doesn't seem like too much of an onerous chore.

No comments: