Sunday, February 1, 2009

some random thoughts

Sunday afternoon, and am debating between going for a run or napping. (I was up early this morning to watch the finals of the Aussie Open between Nadal and Federer, and I'm starting to feel the effects. Great match though, although almost marred by Fed's incomprehensible collapse in the fifth set.) I'm leaning toward a run - and then maybe a nap... although the thought of running without my iPod is troublesome (I left it - I hope! - at the lovely A.'s house yesterday.) But it would be a shame to not take advantage of this lovely weather, especially after we've been brutalized with terrible winter weather.

I'm also a mite tired because been a busy day of cleaning for me. I'm dealing with something of a moth problem, the result (I think) of not tending properly to my wool and cashmere sweaters last summer. They seemed to gorge on my clothing, and then decided to make the move with me to the new apartment. (Why have I never had this problem before, you ask? Largely because I never owned such nice sweaters in the past! The lovely A. is the queen of Value Village, and found some great bargains for me.) So I've been throwing my clothes in garbage bags and dumping them upside, allowing the cold to kill off the moths. (Unfortunately the good weather hasn't helped in this effort.) And I just undertook a major vacuuming and mopping. Cross your fingers on my efforts being successful.

Not much to report otherwise. I took Friday aft. off work to have lunch with R., and then hit the Frank Gehry redesigned Art Gallery of Ontario. It actually exceeded my expectations. It's not only wonderful to look at inside, but Gehry has paid wonderful=, detailed attention to the actual gallery spaces. I only spent a couple of hours wandering, but I bought a membership, which means I'll be spending much more time there over the next year.

Ugh, I think maybe a nap rather than run... I'm fading.

No comments: