Sunday, February 9, 2014

Transformations

After waiting almost two hours past the three-hour window I was given for the delivery of my new loveseat (they said 11-2, and it arrived close to 4), the first piece of significant new furniture I've bought in many years finally arrived yesterday. (It must be a weekend of lateness: the people who were picking up the Ikea couch I was giving away showed up over an hour late. But I didn't mind too much since my main goal was to get the thing out of the apartment before the new loveseat made its appearance. They seemed happy about it overall - the teenage who was going to make use of it was excited about putting it in his bedroom, so everybody was pleased.) I'm very pleased overall with the couch - it looks smashing in my living room! I didn't get to test it for a nap, but surely in due time... For the curious, here's a photo.

Also for the curious, it came with the accent pillows. It's slightly bigger than my previous couch/loveseat, but the good news is that I didn't have to move the three photos on the wall above - they're pretty much still centred. I did have to shift the tv a mite, but that was easy enough. I'm considering buying a new rug, and I still have my sights set on a new reading chair, but this couch is a good start.

Apartment transformation continues!

No comments: