Friday, February 10, 2023

The struggles

 I won't lie: this research leave has not been going as well as I had planned or hoped. I'm trying to cut myself some serious slack, given the emotional turbulence of the final couple of months of last year. And the continued melancholy that I've been fighting. (This is largely self created, of course, because of my own personality flaws with respect to relationships and commitment.) I need to find my rhythm and keep it consistent. More writing in the morning, for example - and even if I don't feel like I'm in the mood, to push through regardless. And then reading in the afternoon, when my energy levels tend to be a bit lower. Having a dog in my life has naturally complicated my routine, but I just need to include her in a more-disciplined daily schedule. It can't be that hard. (Having a cat while on leave was a lot less complicated.)

So let's start afresh next week. To the weekend.

No comments: