Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happiness is...

... listening to the new Neko Case

... Saturday mornings with the windows open

... luxuriating in Bolano's literary genius

... finding a triple-letter square for my J (the word: "jeer")

... two cups of hot tea (that helps to soothe a still-tender throat)

... catching up on some long-neglected e-mail

... new acoustic guitar strings

... four chatty kids under the age 8 telling me about sleeping near the dinosaurs at the ROM

... listening to the new Neko Case (did I mention that already?)

... a pile of magazines set aside for recycling (signifying a successful day off work, catching up on my periodical reading)

... a clean kitchen

... discovering a jazz musician named Rudresh Mahanthappa

... mechanical pencils with freshly loaded lead

... a thriving plant near the window where I like to write

... knowing I have one more sleep where I don't have to get up for work.

No comments: