Monday, July 2, 2012

Is it possible to return to blogging after taking such an extended break? Well I suppose I can really do whatever the hell I want! Thus, here I am, back writing again after basically ignoring the blogging world for the past year. My motivation(s)? None, really, except for realizing early this morning (during yet-another restless evening of slumber; I'm suffering through a rare bout of insomnia) that I've sort-of got away from the things that I enjoy doing. Writing is certainly one of them. Photography is another. I haven't been doing much fiction reading either this past year. I can easily put the blame on my work schedule, particularly the extra-curricular activities (namely one big one: writing an academic paper to be delivered at the Humanities Congress) that I had committed to, but in all honesty it was largely just apathy and disinterest that kept me away from indulging in my interests. Now that I'm going through a bit of a "down" period - emotionally, for one, but also where I have less work commitments (although I do have to finish up a newsletter for the society I'm a council member of - I've been quite lax on putting that together) - I figure this is a good time to see if I can get my writing mojo back. Of course will I recover any readers?!

What will I write about? Whatever comes to mind, I suppose. Hopefully about reviving some of those above-mentioned interests! (I'm planning on riding my bike out to the Leslie Spit in a couple of hours with my camera in tow, although I'm not that much of a nature photographer...) Maybe I'll write about my dating, although after my last experience which ended on Friday I might be a little gun-shy about putting myself out there again. I'm just in a state where I need to occupy my mind and maybe even challenge myself a little bit. I need to beat back the boredom too.

So please come and read me!

No comments: