Monday, November 24, 2008

Crazy (crazy) on you

Funny how certain musicians remind me of Montreal.

While at work today, Heart's "Dreamboat Annie" popped into my ears via my trusty iPod. (Not sure how much longer it's going to be trusty - it's over 4 years old, and the battery only lasts for about 4 hours before it conks out for good.) Immediately, it conjured up memories of my wonderful West Island upbringing. I even remember the cover of that Heart double album my brother owned - in white, with a photo of the band looking rather menacing. Heart is not the only artist that can bring back the flood of memories. Let's not forgot Hall & Oates, particularly the song "Sara Smiles." I can still see myself sitting in the back seat of my mother's crappy Vega, with that playing through the even-more crappy speakers via AM radio. I think I'm holding a badminton racket.

Montreal, you were damn good to me.

No comments: